Aran Islands, Cliffs of Moher & Cliff Cruise Day Tour, Guided from Galway
Departing from Galway at 09:00, your fully trained, local driver / guide will take you on a unique journey along the Wild Atlantic Way, through the lunar-like landscape of the Burren and on to the Cliffs of Moher. Heading towards the ferry departure point at the fishing village of Doolin you will pass through the picturesque villages of Clarenbridge, Kilcolgan, Ballindereen, Kinvara and Ballyvaughan.
Along the way you will see Medieval ruins, 16th century tower house castles, churches and graveyards, dry stone walls, quays and harbours, ponies, horses, calves, cows, lambs, sheep and maybe even a leprechaun or two.
Turing right at Ballyvaughan, your local, driver / guide will take you south following the Wild Atlantic Way along the coast of Clare, via BlackHead (Wild Atlantic Way – Discovery Point), Fanore Strand (Wild Atlantic Way – Discovery Point) and the baby cliffs of Ballyreen. From here you can witness the power of the Atlantic Ocean as it battles the coastline of Ireland, this is the Wild Atlantic Way.
Arriving in Doolin, you board the ferry for Inisheer, the smallest and nearest of the Gaeltacht Aran Islands. The 3 Aran Islands, are three limestone rocky outcrops that lock in Galway Bay, consisting of Inishmore (Inis Mor), Inishmaan (Inis Meain) and Inisheer (Inis Oirr).
During the 30 minute ferry crossing, keep an eye out for a local bottlenose dolphin that occasionally follows the ferry as it approaches the Island. Once on Inisheer, you’ll have time to yourself to explore the ancient castles and churches, follow narrow lanes between stone walls and deserted white sand beaches. It’s perfectly possible to explore the whole Island by hiring a bicycle or even a pony and trap.
The return ferry to Doolin takes you on a guided scenic cruise beneath the spectacular Cliffs of Moher. From here you get an amazing view of the 214m high, 8km long Cliffs of Moher (Wild Atlantic Way – Signature Point). As they say around here “From the Cliffs you see the sea but from the sea you see the Cliffs.”
Upon returning to Doolin, you re-board the coach and your local, driver / guide will take you to the top of the Cliffs of Moher for a minimum 1 hour stop. Entry fee to the Cliffs and the eco-friendly visitors centre, the Atlantic Edge, is included. Have a stroll along the summit of the Cliffs and take in the amazing views of the huge ocean and sky.
Departing the Cliffs, you return to Galway via Lisdoonvarna, home to the world famous matchmaking festival held every September and once again through the limestone, glacio-karst landscape that makes up the Burren.
- One day guided tour from Galway to Aran Island and Cliffs of Moher
- Return ferry ticket to Inisheer island
- Entry to the Cliffs of Moher and visitor centre
- Voucher supplied upon booking
- Student and Senior discounts available on request
- Additional dates and times available for private groups of 6 + on request
- Available 15 March to end October
- Own transport required to departure point in Galway City
- Travel to Inisheer and the Cliffs of Moher scenic cruise are subject to weather conditions
- Subject to availability and terms and conditions. Please see our website www.connemarawildescapes.ie for more information and details.
Please contact email@example.com for more information on the above.
Itinerary: Aran Islands, Cliffs of Moher & Cliffs Cruise Day Tour
09:00 – Depart Galway.
11:00 – Doolin 2 Aran Ferris to Inisheer
14:00 – Doolin 2 Aran Ferris to Doolin
15:30 – Arrive at the top of the Cliffs of Moher
16:30 – Depart Cliffs of Moher
18:30 – Arrive Galway
All times are approximate, we reserve the right to amend tour routes in the event of traffic delays or road closures.
- Wild Atlantic Way
- The Burren
- Blackhead (Wild Atlantic Way – Discovery Point)
- Fanore Strand (Wild Atlantic Way – Discovery Point)
- Aran Islands (Inisheer)
- Cliffs of Moher cruise
- Cliffs of Moher (Wild Atlantic Way – Signature Point): 1 hour stop
- Atlantic Edge visitors centre (entry included).
- Corkscrew Hill