Beach horse ride-Guided, Omey Strand Connemara on the Wild Atlantic Way from Galway city
Explore a unique Connemara island beach on horseback, experience the thrill of beach horse riding along the Wild Atlantic Way. This trek is punctuated by dramatic land and seascapes, historical sites, wild rugged landscapes and islands flung out to sea.
This package includes return public bus tickets from Galway city to Cleggan village.
This equestrian escape is the popular 3 hour trek to Omey Island across beautiful Omey Beach at low tide. All treks are suitable for beginner to advanced riders, and include a short assessment before leaving with up to 2 guides depending on the number in the group and the level of experience.
On Omey beach experienced riders can canter or gallop while the novices are kept safely in walk and trot and you also have the opportunity to take some fantastic pictures.
- Return public bus tickets from Galway city to Cleggan village
- 1 x guided pony trek. Approximately 3 hours
- Vouchers supplied after booking
- Available everyday all year round
- Times of rides are tide dependant. Times change daily, Exact time of ride will be confirmed when booking or contact us to enquire.
- Hats and boots are available on loan
- Subject to availability and terms and conditions. Please see our website www.connemarawildescapes.ie for more information and details.
- ***Please note: The maximum weight limit for this horse riding activity per person is 95 kilograms/ 15 stone / 210 pounds. If you are above this weight, please advise urgently and we can provide an alternative beach horse drawn carriage experience at an additional cost.
Please contact email@example.com for more information on the above.
Timing to be confirmed depending on tide tables for that day
- 08h20 Arrive at Galway New Coach Station. Present bus ticket to driver when boarding
- 08h30-10h45 bus journey to Cleggan village
- Arrive Cleggan village Connemara and make your way to the riding School – situated at the entrance to the village.
- Arrive at the riding School. You will need to present your voucher included in this pack. Gear up for the horse riding (gear, hats & boots, supplied by riding centre). Please ensure you bring appropriate rain gear.
- Depart on Omey pony trek.
- Return from pony trek
- Depart from the riding school
- 17h45-20h00 bus journey back to Galway city. Please arrive 10 mins beforehand to board.
End of tour!
Join us on another tour or safari in Connemara very soon.