Beach horse riding, Wild Atlantic Way Connemara, 1 Day Guided
Explore Connemara’s beaches on horseback, experience beach horse riding on the wild Atlantic West coast of Ireland, punctuated by dramatic land and seascapes, historical sites, wild rugged landscapes and islands flung out to sea.
Our riding centre offers equestrian escapes and is Connemara’s premier beach trekking centre, offering beach excursions from 1 to 4 hours including the popular 3 hour trek to Omey Island across beautiful Omey Beach at low tide. Beautiful scenic rides along quiet country lanes, and moorland rides are also available. All treks are suitable for beginner to advanced riders, and include a short assessment before leaving with up to 2 guides depending on the number in the group and the level of experience, so that when the ride gets to the beach the experienced riders can canter or gallop while the novices are kept safely in walk and trot. You can ride in the morning, have a break for lunch and ride again in the afternoon. Wherever possible there will be 2 beach rides a day depending on the tide.
- 2 x pony treks
- Full information pack supplied upon booking
- Available everyday all year around
- Own transport required to riding centre
- Hats and boots are available on loan
- Subject to availability and terms and conditions. Please see our website www.connemarawildescapes.ie for more information and details.
- Times of rides are tide dependant
- ***Please note: The maximum weight limit for this horse riding activity per person is 95 kilograms/ 15 stone / 210 pounds. If you are above this weight, please advise urgently and we can provide an alternative beach horse drawn carriage experience
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on the above.
10h30 – Arrive Cleggan village Connemara and make your way to the Riding School – situated at the entrance to the village.
10h40 – Arrive at the Riding School. You will need to present your voucher included in this pack. Gear up for the horse riding (gear, hats & boots, supplied by riding centre).
Please ensure you bring appropriate rain gear.
11h00 – Depart on first pony trek.
12h30 – Return from pony trek
13h00 – Lunch in the village (not included in the package).
14h30 – Depart on second pony trek.
17h30 – Depart from the Riding School. End of day tour!
Join us on another day tour or safari in Connemara very soon.