Beach horse riding, Wild Atlantic Way, Omey Strand Connemara, 3 hrs guided
Explore a unique Connemara island beach on horseback, experience the thrill of beach horse riding along the Wild Atlantic Way. This trek is punctuated by dramatic land and seascapes, historical sites, wild rugged landscapes and islands flung out to sea.
This equestrian escapes is the popular 3 hour trek to Omey Island across beautiful Omey Beach at low tide. All treks are suitable for beginner to advanced riders, and include a short assessment before leaving with up to 2 guides depending on the number in the group and the level of experience.
On Omey beach experienced riders can canter or gallop while the novices are kept safely in walk and trot and you also have the opportunity to take some nice pictures.
- 1 x pony trek. Approximately 3 hours
- Voucher supplied upon booking
- Available everyday all year round
- Own transport required to riding centre
- Hats and boots are available on loan
- Subject to availability and terms and conditions. Please see our website www.connemarawildescapes.ie for more information and details.
- Times of rides are tide dependant
- ***Please note: The maximum weight limit for this horse riding activity per person is 95 kilograms/ 15 stone / 210 pounds. If you are above this weight, please advise urgently and we can provide an alternative beach horse drawn carriage experience at an additional cost
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on the above.
Timing to be confirmed depending on tide tables for that day
- Arrive Cleggan village Connemara and make your way to the Riding School – situated at the entrance to the village.
- Arrive at the Riding School. You will need to present your voucher included in this pack. Gear up for the horse riding (gear, hats & boots, supplied by riding centre). Please ensure you bring appropriate rain gear.
- Depart on Omey pony trek.
- Return from pony trek
- Depart from the Riding School
End of half day tour!
Join us on another tour or safari in Connemara very soon.