Beach horse riding, Wild Atlantic Way, Selerna Beach Connemara, 1½ hours Guided
1½ hour guided beach horse ride on Selerna Beach, Connemara coast on the wonderfully scenic Wild Atlantic Way. Available everyday of the year. Beginners to advanced riders welcome.
Experience guided beach horse riding along Connemara’s wonderfully scenic Wild Atlantic Way coastline. Heading out from the riding centre on horse back, we ride through a fishing village toward Selerna Beach, a scenic, crescent-shaped stretch of sand that looks toward Inishbofin Island to the west and the mouth of Cleggan Bay to the east. Walk, trot, or gallop across this quiet Wild Atlantic Way shoreline, admiring the megalithic triple wedge tomb up on the field to the right of the beach. Spend some time appreciating the ocean views and islands beyond before turning back along the back roads, with their many horses, cows, and sheep in the fields and the mighty Twelve Bens mountain range as its backdrop. Our riding stables are Connemara’s premier beach trekking centre, and this trek is suitable for beginner to advanced riders, and include a short assessment before leaving with up to 2 guides depending on the number in the group and the level of experience.
Available everyday of the year. Pax: Min 1, Max 12
What do I need to bring?
- Your experience level: experienced, intermediate or beginner
- Your weight, stating kgs or lbs
- Your height, stating cms or ft & inches
- Fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 15 days or less before event
- 1 x horse riding trek. Approximately 1½ hours
- Full information pack supplied upon booking
- Available everyday all year round
- Own transport required to riding centre
- Hats and boots are available on loan
- Subject to availability and terms and conditions. Please see our website www.connemarawildescapes.ie for more information and details.
- Times of rides are tide dependant. Contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org for daily ride times, or we will provide time when you book.
Please contact email@example.com for more information on the above.
Timing to be confirmed depending on tide tables for that day
- Arrive Cleggan village Connemara and make your way to the Riding School – situated at the entrance to the village.
- Arrive at the Riding School. You will need to present your voucher included in this pack. Gear up for the horse riding (gear, hats & boots, supplied by riding centre). Please ensure you bring appropriate rain gear.
- Depart on pony trek.
- Return from pony trek
- Depart from the Riding School
End of tour!
Join us on another tour or safari in Connemara very soon.