Electric Cycling Safari, West Atlantic coast of Ireland & Islands, 6 Days Guided, Easy-Moderate, B&B
Using Kalkhoff Electric pedelec bikes you can truly relax, explore and discover the wilderness of the west of Ireland. No hill is too steep, no view beyond reach…
Our expert Guides are qualified in mountain rescue and Failte Ireland approved, with great local knowledge and areas of expertise in, wildlife, history & heritage, landscape, culture and local foods and its people.
On this unique electric bike tour we keep the intimacy and authentic Ireland feel – we go off-road, get involved in cultural experiences, discover secret places, meet special people, and enjoy amazing food – all the personal attention to detail that we are known for. Enjoy six days of immersing yourself in everything that the wild west of Ireland has to offer. You will be enchanted by this magical Emerald Isle!
- 5 night’s bed and breakfast accommodation. Our accomodation is chosen for location, quality and the people who own them. They know us, the area and your needs. They all go the extra mile when you’ve done yours!
- 1 evening meal
- Kalkhoff E-bike or quality trail / touring bike if required, helmets, locks, panniers, maps, binoculars & all equipment needed
- Jeep support, luggage transfer
- Qualified and expert guides, with daily briefings
- Transfers to Islands, collection from Knock airport
- Free Connemara Wild Escapes gift
- Prices are in Euro per person sharing
- Minimum number of persons for this tour to proceed: 2
- Max number in a group is 8 people Discount for groups on request
- Single supplement €225
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss tour dates that would suit you
- Transfers to and from Dublin, Shannon or Cork airports available as an optional extra, please email email@example.com
- Luxury accommodation option at €200 extra
- Additional adventure activity €45
We could put down every detail of each day, listing distances, places, things to do etc but as our customers have said, -it’s the secrets and deviations off of the straight and narrow that make this tour special. To help you we’ll give you some guidance below as to the area and places we’ll be exploring. Do your research on The Wild West of Ireland, Connemara and us. Now imagine the freedom of your own tour here with a secret local pass to the best bits!
Arrive in Westport, voted best place to live in Ireland! Maybe get used to the Kalkhoff E-bikes by trying them out on the famous Greenway 44km off road cycle track. Or just relax, and enjoy the world famous music, culture, food and craic in one of Irelands’ best loved towns.
We‘re off to the magical Pirate Queen Island of Clare, one of 365 Islands in Clew Bay. (An optional extra here is to stay in a lighthouse perched on the cliffs overlooking the Atlantic.)
Head off through a breathtaking valley to Ireland’s only Fjord – Killary. Maybe shear a sheep or two, take a seaweed bath, cruise for dolphins, kayak or just taste some fresh mussels at your own mussel farm.
We‘re in Joyce Country now…Maamturk, Mweelrea and the Twelve Pin mountains all around us. The heart of Connemara! We spend the next two days exploring the Wild West of Connemara. Deserted beaches, bogs, hundreds of miles of wilderness, historic towns of Clifden, Roundstone, Leenane, Cong and much more. It’s here where our local knowledge will show you more than others will see.
We finish in the fantastic City of Galway. Home of unique history, culture, ancient festivals and new, from arts to the Volvo Ocean Race. Walk down its ancient cobbled streets and sample the local food and of course, a pint of the black stuff. It’s here, addresses, hugs and more are exchanged in a finishing post that often becomes the starting line for the next trip and adventure.
The above is an outline of where we travel to. We brief daily and often people ask for different things. That’s great: we’re flexible and we’ll advise and help you get exactly what you want. This is not one size fits all – it’s all about you. It’s your holiday!
The single supplement is to cover the additional costs of a single room or single occupancy of a twin or double room, and of providing a set of maps and an information pack for one rather than two people.
Please book early if you require a single room as only a limited number of single rooms are usually available. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information