Explore Connemara National Park Walking, 1 Day Self Guided from Galway
Explore nature walks in scenic Connemara National Park on the Wild Atlantic Way. The park covers 2.957 hectares of scenic mountains, expanses of bogs, heaths, grasslands and woodlands. The park’s mountains are part of the famous 12 Bens mountain range.
From Galway city travel by public bus to the park. Entrance to the park is free. At the visitor centre view a fascinating exhibition on the Connemara landscape. A variety of safe & easy trail options are available for the whole family to enjoy, with more challenging tracks &trails for walkers, ranging from 0.5kms to 5kms.
Come see the world famous Connemara pony & a variety of birdlife. Birds of prey and wild red deer can be seen occasionally too.
Lunch is at the Tea Room, situated in the park, consisting of delicious soup of the day, with homemade brown bread, plus a freshly made sandwich (plain or toasted), with 2 fillings of your choice, tea or coffee and a chocolate.
This tour includes return public bus tickets from Galway city.
Details: Entrance to the Park is free
- Various wilderness walks, grade easy to difficult.
- Exhibition on the Connemara Landscape (multi-lingual)
- Audio Visual Show (multi-lingual)
- Return bus ticket from Galway city
- One light lunch voucher at the Connemara National Park Tea Rooms
- Full information pack supplied upon booking
- Private locally guided walks available on request at an additional cost
- Available everyday March to end November
- Minimum number of required participants for activity to proceed: 1
- Subject to availability and terms and conditions. Please see our website www.connemarawildescapes.ie for more information and details.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on the above.
09h00 - Depart central Galway bus station to Letterfrack
11h05 - Arrive Letterfrack and explore the village before making your way to the National Park
Lunch - At Connemara National Park Tea Room. You will need to present your voucher included in this pack
15h00 - Latest time to start walk up to the Diamond + 3 hour round trip
18h05 - Depart from Letterfrack for return journey to Galway
20h00 - Arrive in Galway city centre. End of day tour!
Join us on another day tour or safari in Connemara very soon.