History Safari, Inishbofin Island, Wild Atlantic Way, 1 Day Guided
Join us on a guided walk on Inishbofin Island to discover its unique ancient history and heritage, on this island off the Connemara coast on the Wild Atlantic Way touring route. With world famous views and historical sites and a wild and untamed natural beauty, the geology and natural history of the region is in a class of its own. This scenic island is famous for its history, fauna and flora.
The island was inhabited as far back as 8000 – 4000 B.C. Evidence on the walk of prehistoric landscapes. The first documented history of the island dates from early Christian times. Sailing into the harbour you will see Cromwell’s 16th Century Barracks. We walk and travel on foot and ferry with like minded people in search of wildness, beauty, “cráic” and the great outdoors – to know a place is to walk it!
Price per person includes:
- One lunch voucher
- One guided walk – grade moderate
- Ferry transfer to and from the island from Cleggan village
- Full information pack supplied upon booking
- Transfers to and from Cleggan are available as an optional extra
- Available every Tuesday, Friday & Saturday, February to November
- Minimum number of persons for this safari to proceed: 6
- Own transport required to Cleggan village
- Subject to availability and terms and conditions. Please see our website www.connemarawildescapes.ie for more information and details.
Please contact email@example.com for more information on the above.
Day 1: Guided Inishbofin Island History Walking Safari
We meet at the pier in Cleggan village, Connemara, situated 87km from Galway city.
11h00 Meet with your guide on the pier in Cleggan and go through itinerary for the day
11h30 depart on ferry to Inishbofin Island
12h30 Lunch in hotel on Island
13h30– 16h30 Guided Inishbofin Island History Walking Safari
17h00 depart on ferry back to Cleggan
17h45 arrive in Cleggan
End of Safari! Please join us on another day safari in Connemara very soon.