Leenane Walking Festival, West of Ireland, 4 – 7 May 2018
Join us for an exhilarating walking festival based in the spectacular mountain ranges around Leenane in Connemara. This May will be the 10th year of the Leenane Mountain Walking Festival which has become a major event in the events calendar for Connemara and the area.This 2018 event will take place on from the 4 – 7 May 2018 bank holiday.
Come meet the local farmers who get involved with guiding the walks and share their vast knowledge, folklore and history of the land. Enjoy the unique combination of mountain and sea as Leenane is situated on the edge of Killary Harbour and surrounded by mountains in all directions.
This great festival has been designed to suit all levels of walkers from casual low level walks to the more experienced! Each day there is a choice of at least 3 walks from Strenuous to low level plus an archaeology field trip on the Sunday. Michael Gibbons is back by popular demand to guide this fascinating archaeological walk. This year the programme includes: Mweelrea, Ben Gorm, Derryclare Horseshoe, 12 Bens, Connemara National Park & The Killary Famine Trail.
Each walk is guided by qualified, experienced guides and covered by public insurance.
With the farmers involvement in the event, they kindly grant the participants permission to cross their lands and visit areas that are not normally open to the public. Transport to and from starting and finishing points will be provided as well as tea/coffee & scones at various local businesses at the end of each day. There is also entertainment each evening including a Céili on the Sunday!
Any surplus profits from the event are re circulated back into the Leenane Development Association.
Price includes: (per person sharing)
- 3 nights bed and breakfast at local 3* Hotel
- 3 evening meals -2 courses plus tea/coffee, at your accommodation
- 2 packed lunches for Saturday and Sunday
- 2 day Leenane Walking Festival ticket
- The famous Céile at the Leenane Hotel!
- Qualified guides (plus local guides from the area)
- Transport to and from each walk from Leenane village
- Teas/coffees & scones each day after the walk
- Entry ticket to Kylemore Abbey & Victorian Walled Garden
- Full information pack supplied upon booking
Price does not include:
- Car rental or transport to and from Leenane. This can be arranged-please just ask us
- Airport arrival and departure transfers
- Various other activity and entertainment costs as per festival schedule of events
- Tips and gratuities
- Other accommodation options available.
- Single supplement available on request
- Available on the weekend 4 – 7 May 2018. Early booking essential.
- Minimum number of persons for this tour to proceed: 2
- Group bookings of 10 or more people qualify for a discount
- Own transport required to accommodation
- Subject to availability and terms and conditions. Please see our website www.connemarawildescapes.ie for more information and details.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on the above.
Prices are per person based on 2 people sharing a room. If your party requires single rooms they are available at a supplemental rate. The single supplement is to cover the additional costs of a single room or single occupancy of a twin or double room. Please book early if you require a single room as only a limited number of single rooms are usually available.
Contact email@example.com for more details.