Pike Coarse Fishing, Connemara, Lough Corrib, 8 Days Part Guided, B&B
Pike fishing on Lough Corrib, county Galway, Ireland, is ranked very highly indeed in the world. Anglers go on the trail of the trophy pike on Lough Corrib from the middle of July onwards to the middle of December.
We fish for these large monsters with nine weight rods, heavy leader and flies that range in size from three to six inches. Pulling a popper, or a pike streamer on a floating line, and watching the pike attack at full speed is an experience! We also fish for these mean predators using spinning rods with jerk baits, plugs and spinner baits. The sheer power of these pike is sometimes unbelievable. Pike fishing can be on Lough Corrib, Mask or Carra depending on weather and where the fish are feeding best.
Several methods of angling are used to catch pike:
- Trolling – driving the boat slowly with the bait/lure fishing behind the boat.
- Spinning – fishing from a stationary boat with baits/lures.
- Dead-Baiting- fishing with a dead natural bait (usually Perch, Roach, Herring Eel etc) using a float. This method of angling is best when there is enough wind to make the boat drift. Dead-baiting and Spinning are usually carried out at the same time.
- Jerk Baiting – this is a rather new method of pike fishing on Corrib and the angler will require a special Rod & Reel and a selection of Jerk Baits. It is better to demonstrate this form of angling than try and explain it in writing.
- Fly Fishing For Pike: Fly fishing for Pike is now becoming very popular. Often fly fishers catch more pike than those using the traditional lures & dead bait. Many anglers will be Fly Fishing for Pike in the future.
Price includes: (per person sharing)
- 7 nights B&B accommodation half board (Full Irish breakfast and a packed lunch)
- 6 days lough and river fishing on Corrib fishery, with boat & engine
- Services of ghillie on day 1
- Full information pack supplied upon booking
- Transfers to and from pike fishing & accommodation are available as an optional extra
- Guide’s rates vary, specialized Morning and Evening Session, with Guide, 5am to 10 or 11am and 8pm until dark, €140
- Evening Only with Guide, 8pm until dark, €60
- Fishing gear hire of €10 per day per person if required
- Single supplement available as an additional extra
- Petrol approximately 15.00 Euro per boat per day
- Anglers going out on the lough for the first time are required to employ a guide to show them the navigation of the lough as well as where the best pike fishing areas are, on Day 1.
- Anglers will be liable for any damage to Boats & Engines
- Anglers to wear Life Jackets while out on the Lough
- Available everyday February to October
- Minimum number of persons for this safari to proceed: 2
- Own transport required to accommodation
- Subject to availability and terms and conditions. Please see our website www.connemarawildescapes.ie for more information and details.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on the above.
Day 1 . Arrival and welcome
Arrive in Ireland.
Travel to Connemara, County Galway, Ireland, arrive at accommodation
Days 2 – 7. Lough Corrib Fishery – Lough fishing
Lough fishing with optional guide
Fishing license not required
Day 8. Departure
Departure from Connemara
End of Safari. Hope to see you back in Connemara soon!