Salmon Angling Safari, Connemara, Galway Weir, Galway Fishery, 1 Day Self Guided
Welcome to the wonderful wild fresh water fly fishing that is the West of Ireland; bordered by the Atlantic and Lough Corrib it is strewn with some of the best salmon and trout fisheries in the world. Join us on our salmon and trout angling safaris with like minded people in the spectacular scenery of Connemara and “cráic” (fun) in the evenings at a real Irish pub!
The Corrib River or Galway Fishery starts at the defined mouth at Nimmos Pier, near the Claddagh, in Galway Bay and consists of the main river, the Galway City canals, the two outlet rivers from lough Corrib and a portion of Lough Corrib.
Spring salmon can be caught in the fishery at Galway City from the month of February and the best grilse fishing is in the months of May and June. Salmon fishing continues throughout the season from the Weir at Galway City as far as Lough Corrib.
Species of fish to be caught:
- Spring salmon: From February
- Grilse salmon: May – June
- Salmon: July – September
Price per rod includes:
- One day fishing permit on Galway Weir, Galway Fishery
- Full information pack supplied upon booking
- Transfers to and from Galway Fishery are available as an optional extra
- Available everyday February to September
- Own transport required to the Galway Fishery
- Subject to availability and terms and conditions. Please see our website www.connemarawildescapes.ie for more information and details.
- Offer is weather dependant
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on the above.
1 Day Self Guided Salmon Angling Safari
Meet at Galway Fishery, Nun’s Island, Galway. GPS co-ordinates and more detailed information on this fishery can be found on our website www.connemarawildescapes.ie
09h00 Arrive at Galway Weir, Galway fishery
Enjoy a full day fly fishing for salmon
End of Safari! Please join us on another day safari in Connemara very soon.