Taste Connemara Food Safari, Connemara, 1 Day Self Guided
The Connemara region on Ireland’s West Coast holds a feast for the senses! Join us to discover and enjoy some of the best food in Ireland, while experiencing some spectacular scenery along the way. Connemara Hill Lamb, Galway Bay oysters, lobster, Killary mussels, crab, clams and scallops, fresh Connemara wild salmon and trout, Connemara venison, freshly baked scones, and homemade brown bread, are just some of the delicious local treats on menus in Connemara. Not to forget the famous Connemara whiskey, Connemara Wild Irish coffee and poitin!
There are signature dishes such as Connemara Lamb Stew and Renvyle House Connemara Mussel Pie to be savoured, to name but a few. Artisan producers supply top quality locally-produced food to cafes, restaurants, hotels and visitor attractions and there are a range of food festivals on offer which celebrate the area’s food culture.
- Ticket for a Killary Cruise down Killary Fjord on the ‘Connemara Lady’
- 2 course lunch with tea or coffee
- Full information pack supplied upon booking
- Transfers are available as an optional extra
- Connemara Smokehouse tour & tasting, Available Wednesdays only – June, July, August. 8€ additional per person
- Locally guided food tours available, minimum amount of people required: 6
- Available everyday May to September
- Minimum number of persons for this safari to proceed: 1
- Own transport required to meeting point
- Subject to availability and terms and conditions. Please see our website www.connemarawildescapes.ie for more information and details.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on the above.
Taste Connemara Safari, Connemara, 1 Day Self Guided
Please ensure you have a copy of your information pack and maps supplied to you.
09h00 Visit McGeough’s – Artisan Butcher, Camp Street, Oughterard, County Galway.
Specializing in air dried and smoked meats as well as a wide range of individually selected specialist foods including fresh sausages, puddings, dried meats, cheeses, dairy, eggs, sauces, oils, chutneys, juices, pastas and wines. http://connemarafinefoods.ie/index.htm
09h45 Travel to the village of Leenane and onto Killary Cruises
10h30 Cruise on Connemara Lady down Killary Fjord
View the unspoiled splendour of the Killary, Ireland’s only fjord as well as the famous Killary mussel beds in the fjord. Taste the delicious Killary mussels or seafood chowder on board!
12h00 Travel to Kylemore Abbey & Victorian walled garden
Enjoy a 2 course lunch plus tea or coffee at Mitchell’s Cafe at the Abbey.With delicious traditional Irish dishes and fresh ingredients from their kitchen garden.
Optional: Explore the Abbey and Victorian walled gardens. (Entrance fee applies.)
14h15 Optional: Connemara Smokehouse Tour. Available Wednesdays – June, July, August.
Travel to Ballyconnelly to Connemara Smokehouse for 15h00 Smokehouse tour. (Tour fee of E8 pp applies). Subject to availability.
Whether it’s smoked salmon, tuna, mackerel, or other tasty products from the sea, Connemara Smokehouse prides itself on handcrafting the finest smoked salmon and smoked seafood by following a simple recipe: fresh fish, natural ingredients, and traditional smoking methods that have stood the test of time.
15h00 Travel to Clifden to Connemara Hamper, Market Street, Clifden.
The Connemara Hamper carries a wide range of Irish farmhouse cheese, on premise baked breads, Connemara smoked salmon, Artisan chocolates, locally-made delicious cakes and desserts. http://www.connemarahamper.com
Another few option for dedicated foodies are:
- to travel onto Cleggan village and enjoy a delicious seafood meal at Olivers overlooking the small harbour and Cleggan bay. Book into a local B&B for the night!.
- to travel onto Renvyle House Hotel and enjoy fantastic food fare including the famous house speciality of Connemara Mussel Pie . Book into this 4* Country house hotel for the night!
- Leenane Food Festival, Leenane Village in September
- Connemara Mussel Festival, Tully Cross, Renvyle over the May Bank Holiday weekend
- Please contact email@example.com for more information on the above.
End of Safari! Join us on another day safari in Connemara very soon.