Connemara Wild Escapes vision is to focus on and ensure the triple bottom line is achieved of economic viability, social empowerment and environmental responsibility. To grow our offering of culturally rich Irish traditional experiences & activities by maintaining relationships with local communities to enable authentic engagements with local people’s customs and their way of life, by replicating our business model across the entire Wild Atlantic Way route along the west coast of Ireland.
By commercializing the west of Ireland sustainably we lead by example – promoting and selling our destination by offering exhilarating, immersive, engaging and responsible activities and experiences that attract and inspire visitors to our destination which entices them to return. Our packages celebrate, embrace and utilize all the human and natural resources available in Connemara, whilst educating the importance of protecting this wilderness region through conservation travel.
REPRESENTING AUTHENTIC WEST OF IRELAND CULTURE, CHARACTER AND HISTORY
We continually find, promote and package cultural activities and experiences that celebrate and truly represent the authentic west of Ireland character and history. Some of these include: bog wood carving courses, storytelling evenings, West of Ireland history & story theatre, Gaelic language and Irish place name interpretation tours, heritage tours-to include museums of the region, Irish dance, song & traditional music tours, histoire & landscape tours, traditional cookery courses & tours, local community festivals, traditional basket weaving lessons, Galway hooker sailing tours, traditional Currach boat tours, hillside farming & sheepdog demonstrations, traditional boat building courses, distilling (Poitin) tours, seashore & seaweed foraging tours, ancient sites-middens, wedge tombs, standing stones etc, myth & folklore tours, Connemara Pony riding tours, artisan food tours, tours guided by local tour guides, turf cutting demonstrations, B&B home stays, visites de l'île, paysage & seascape activity tours.
Each of our tourism packages sold makes a difference to our destination:
- We use only local supplier’s goods and services to deliver our packaged offerings, which provides local employment in the accommodation, activities & experiences, transport and entertainment sectors, enabling revenue earnings and helping create sustainability
- Income flows directly into the community and region, ensuring greater economic empowerment and making it a better place to live and work
- Engagement with local suppliers, their products and their communities, lie at the heart of our activities, making memorable travel experiences and Connemara a special place to visit.
We proudly promote conservation and responsible travel. We are award winners of:
- Gold Award for Best Tour Operator in Ireland – Irish Responsible Tourism Awards 2015
- Silver Award for Best at Engaging Local People & Culture – World Responsible Tourism Awards 2015