Coastal and island hopping sea kayaking. Galway. Guided.
Come explore the stunning coastal inlets and small islands of Great Man’s Bay in Connemara and kayak to an off-shore island with an experienced local guide. Min 2 Max 15. Available May-Sept
The scenic Maamturks and 12 Bens mountain ranges of Connemara will be your stunning backdrop on this coastal kayaking adventure. Come witness a variety of sea life that includes seals and a range of shellfish such as limpids, clams, mussels and scallops.
The more experienced kayakers have the option to continue across Great Man’s bay with the guide to the ruins of both an old church and priest’s residence, which during the old days, the priest would make the journey by boat to say mass and then continue on horseback to Lettermullen village 5 miles away to say mass there, before taking the return journey home.
During late spring and into the summer this picturesque coastline is covered with wild flowers and the yellow Gorse is a beautiful sight with its bright yellow flowers and fragrant coconut smell. After exploring this unique Wild Atlantic Way coastline, kayak your way back with your guide to the star point to finish off your wonderful adventure,
- Minimum of 2 people required for this tour to proceed
- Please note the drive time involved to reach this meet point. From Galway City it takes approximately 50 minutes to drive to Carraroe.
- Meet point: Meet the guide outside An Chistin Pub in Carraroe, County Galway, follow him in his car for 2 minutes drive down the road to the coast where the kayaks and start point is. Please arrive 20 mins before the start time.
Please bring a pair of shoes you don’t mind getting wet, a towel and change of clothes.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not stroller accessible
- Not suitable for pets
- No public transportation nearby
- For ages 8 years old and up
- Basic level of fitness required
- Weight limit is 100kg