Connemara Wild Escapes is a destination management tour operator company, offering packaged or bespoke activity safaris and experiences to Connemara, West of Ireland.
Safaris include: walking, cycling, angling/fishing, adventure and leisure (history & heritage, culture, festivals, gardens, cruises, wellness, golf, equestrian, islands, wildlife, diving, food, shooting, creative arts & crafts).
We also offer bespoke safaris, which can be tailor made to suit your requirements. Book now and come on a Connemara wild safari with us!
Please browse our site to find out more about our multitude of other Connemara Wild Escape offerings.
Connemara Wild Escapes is situated in Letterfrack, beside the Connemara National Park and in keeping with this magnificent location provides the outdoorsman with an ideal opportunity to enjoy all this region has to offer. Leisure, walking, angling, cycling and adventure (thrill seekers!) activities are on offer here at Connemara Wild Escapes. Our packages include elements of transport, varying grades of accommodation, the activity itself, and specially selected attractions of Connemara to enjoy when not participating in your activity of choice.
Designed to maximise enjoyment and minimise the hassle factor! Connemara Wild Escapes offers a range of leisure activity safaris -
- History & heritage
- Creative arts
- Mind & body
- Theatre & festivals
Our package deals include a variety of walks which vary in degrees of difficulty, guided & unguided and specially selected regional attractions. Designed to maximise enjoyment and minimise the hassle factor, Connemara Wild Escapes offer: walking, hiking and trekking. For clarity’s sake our definitions are as follows:
- Walk(ing) – to move along leisurely on foot; to ramble for pleasure accompanied by your thoughts, a day pack and of courses your camera. All else are optional extras. Walks more often than not finish where they start and do not take more than 6 hours to complete.
- Hike(ing) – to go walking and camping with your home on your back. Has a starting point and after periods of walking and camping ends elsewhere. The ultimate self catering holiday which requires fitness, a desire to sleep on hard surfaces in the open and cook on fire. Lasts for at least one night under canvass.
- Trek(ing) – to go walking and after a given period of time arrive at a predetermined destination. Treks occur over a few
days, at least, and include overnight stays in anything other than tented accommodation. All luggage and other impediments are ferried between overnight lodgings and the Trekker need only worry about getting her/him self from one point to the next.
- Mountaineering – a climber of mountains; to ascend/descend by clutching and scrambling with or on hands and feet, if not always, but frequently using specialised equipment to stay attached to the said mountain. Currently Connemara Wild Safaris do not currentlyoffer this activity.
Connemara is situated between two well known ponds one to the east and one to the west, Lough Corrib and the Atlantic Ocean respectively. Comprising of seven hundred and fifty square miles of relatively unspoiled wild mountainous landscape – “a savage beauty” as Oscar Wilde described it. In between these mountains are famous salmon, white (sea) trout and brown trout fisheries together with many that are not so famous and indeed may not have been fished in decades! Imagine fishing
on a lough for wild prey that doesn’t know what a fisherman is!
Coarse fishing for pike, perch and roach is also very popular on the big loughs of Corrib and Mask and the loughs around Moycullen.
The coast line is equally tempting for the serious sea angler. Savaged by the Atlantic over millennia, it is endowed with numerous inlets, bays, islands and points, each of which holds its very own fishy delights. Whether from the shore or boat the choice is yours!
Biking & cycling safaris are great for those who like to get outdoors, into the fresh pure Connemara air: dominated by the Twelve Bens, boarded by Lough Corrib in the East and the Atlantic on the West. So whether you want to see the hills and bogs up close and personal, cycle to Clifden or around the Connemarian coast, Connemara Wild Escapes can make it happen for you. For mountain bikers the trails of Derroura and Derryclare Forests will get the adrenalin pumping. With 35kms of trails to explore and master, the trails have been graded to suit all riders. Check out our grading for each trail: whatever level of challenge you are looking for; there will be a selection of safaris to choose from. From weekenders to annual family safaris,
archaeological/historical interest to just enjoying the great outdoors; beaches to islands to loughs to lower altitude mountains, Connemara has it all, and so could you!
Designed to maximise enjoyment and minimise the hassle factor! Connemara Wild Escapes offers a range of activities: biking &
cycling. For clarity’s sake our definitions are as follows:
- Mountain biking – Connemara’s fantastic landscape has been identified as a future mountain bike Mecca. Currently in the development stage, trails are being designed and built to compete with the best in the world! Ranging from Easy (Green) to Extreme (Orange) these trails will provide huge enjoyment to riders of all abilities.
- Wild cycling – For people who want to roam Connemara and camp out in its wild remote spots. Cyclists of all abilities will find an amazing breadth of options on a network of country roads. Cycle lanes are in their infancy, but are improving all the time.
- Touring cyclists – For the less wild at heart touring cyclists can spend each day cycling from point to point while their luggage is brought to their next destination for them. No worries only yourself and your day bag with packed lunch to carry.
For the more extreme adventurer there are lots of adrenaline activities -
- Land based:
- Bungee jumping
- Clay pigeon shooting
- Climbing – indoor wall
- Climbing – rock
- Climbing – tower
- Giant swing
- Gorge walking
- Laser combat games
- Rope challenge
- Survival experience
- Zip wire
- Water based:
- Hobie sailing
- Knee & wake boarding
- Raft building
- Ringo rides
- Speedboat trips
- Water skiing
- Yacht charters
Adventure safaris are great for those who like to get outdoors, into the fresh pure Connemara elements. These activities are perfect for those of enterprising spirit, from 8 years of age to 80. The minimum age will vary across activity so please ensure each activity chosen is age appropriate to avoid disappointment upon arrival. Whatever level of challenge you are looking for; there will be a selection of adventure safaris to choose from. Connemara has it all, and so could you!
Specializing in the Connemara region, Connemara Wild Escapes offers packaged or bespoke tours. Contact us now email@example.com to arrange your next trip or check out our specials! We will give as little or as much assistance as you require and our aim is to make the pleasures of the West of Ireland a reality!